Sunday, March 01, 2015



It takes a multiculturalist

Student reveals how taxi driver Mohammed Iqbal took her to an isolated woodland and sexually assaulted her... then demanded a £50 fare to take her home



A university student has warned against using unregistered taxis after she fell victim to a predatory cab driver who sexually assaulted.

Lily Wright, 22, from Birmingham, has waived her right to anonymity to share her terrifying ordeal and urge other women not to take unlicensed cabs.

Lily and her friend Jamielee Smalldon had flagged down a taxi, driven by Mohammed Iqbal, a father of three, following a night out in their home city.

But after dropping 21-year-old Jamielee at her house, Iqbal drove Lily to a secluded woodland and sexually assaulted her.  He then drove her home – after he ordered her to pay him £50 for the journey.

Lily said the encounter left her 'paralysed with fear'.  She said: 'After what he'd just done to me, I couldn't believe he had the nerve to charge me.  'I knew it should only cost around £20 and I didn't have the money but I was desperate to get home. So I told him I did.

'As soon as I saw my house I didn't wait for him to stop, I opened the car door and fled. I was running for my life.'

She banged on the front door and her dad Tom Wright, 56, found his terrified daughter on the front step.  Lily said: 'I collapsed into the living room, blaming my lost phone for the reason I was hysterical.'  Her sister Elizabeth, 18, also came downstairs, to see what the noise was about and Lily confessed she had been attacked.

'Elizabeth was shocked but helped me stay calm and we called police. I was exhausted, but I knew I had to remember as much as I could to help them,' Lily said.

'They asked me to change out my jeans and top, and bag them up as evidence. I had to give them my underwear so they could examine it.  'It was so humiliating. The whole process took nearly ten hours. I was so traumatised I almost backed out.

'After the tests I went home. I had a bath, desperate to scrub away the previous night.  'But I knew I had to get this driver off the road or another girl would be his next victim.'

Seven days later Lily received a call with news from the police.  She says: 'They told me they had traced Iqbal, using CCTV footage, and found my phone in his car.'

At Guildford Crown Court in September 2012, Iqbal, then 34, of Reigate, Surrey, pleaded not guilty to two sex attacks – one on Lily and one on another woman in his taxi.

Lily said: 'Taking the stand was horrible. I didn't look at Iqbal but I wanted him to look at me.'

On the last day of the five day trial, Miss Wright received another call from the police.

She said: 'Some DNA evidence had been retrieved from the first victim's underwear.

'The next day police revealed the court had presented the evidence, and my attacker had changed his plea to guilty to two counts of sexual assault and one count of kidnap. I was so relieved I wouldn't have to return to court.'

He was jailed for five and a half years in October 2012.

Lily said: 'I couldn't believe he was a serial offender and wondered how many other girls he planned on attacking.

'I believe women should trust taxi drivers, and take a taxi rather than walking home alone at night.

'But they should book a registered taxi rather than waving one down in the street. You're putting your safety in their hands. And I learnt my lesson the hard way.'

SOURCE






UK: Woman, 20, who cried rape after having sex with two soldiers on night out faces jail after admitting she made up claims


The fat slag herself

A woman who falsely accused two soldiers of attempting to rape her after having sex with them on a drunken night has admitted she made up claims of the attack.

Nicole Richess was too ashamed to tell her boyfriend she had cheated on him with the two men so she lied and said they had forced themselves on her.

The 20-year-old now faces jail after pleading guilty to perverting the course of justice yesterday.

The court heard that Richess had been on a night out with friends in Bournemouth, Dorset, in November 2012, when she bumped into a group of four soldiers.

They went on a bar crawl with the servicemen, who were based locally at the time, and Richess invited the men back to her house, where she later had sex with two of them.

Richess, who was 18 at the time, reported the soldiers after she told her boyfriend and he made her go to the police.

The two men were then questioned by police and faced disciplinary action over the accusations.

The soldiers said the claims had 'left them petrified' and had 'impacted their friends, family and their work'.

Following two weeks of investigations, officers were satisfied Richess had made up the claims and she was arrested for perverting the course of justice on November 26 that year.

A judge warned her that she now faces jail for her 'selfishness and lies'.

Afterwards, the two soldiers told of the impact the false rape allegations have had on their lives and careers. They have already faced disciplinary action over what happened.

The 24-year-old solider, who does not want to be identified, said: 'When the allegation was made I was petrified, I've never been so scared in all my life.

'It didn't just impact on us, it impacted on everyone we knew - friends, family, work. It could have been the end of my life.

'That stigma you have attached to you the whole time is horrible, it affects everything, like relationships. I'm glad it's over and hopefully she will get what she deserves.'

The other man said: 'My family were distraught about the allegations and the worry has been the biggest thing for me.

'It's a big weight of my shoulders that it's done now. I'm just relieved and happy it's over.'

Prosecutor Sophie Stevens said in a statement yesterday: 'Attempting to rape someone is a very serious criminal offence.

'Nicole Richess made false allegations that two soldiers had attempted to rape her because she had been confronted by her boyfriend who had been made aware that she had been unfaithful.

'She maintained her story during the police investigation, which quickly revealed discrepancies in her statement.

'Her selfishness and lies had serious consequences professionally and personally on the two young men, who had to be disciplined according to the Army policy.

'The investigation went on their record and this limited their opportunities to be mobilised abroad.

'Their private lives had been exposed only because Richess could not take responsibility for her actions. We hope that with this conviction, they will be able to move on with their lives.'

'They gave consistent accounts of what they said happened and the police came to the conclusion that what she said was not what happened and she was arrested.

Afterwards Detective Constable Stef Belton, from Dorset Police, said: 'We spent a huge amount of time investigating the original rape allegation but it was clear very early on that there was another offence going on.

'The investigation has taken two years to come to court. The victims of this case have been waiting for that long to have their names cleared so I'm very pleased with the result in court today.

Richess will be sentenced for perverting the course of justice on March 26.

SOURCE






The Wages of Idealism

A white woman who wanted to change the world

by Tracy Abel

I grew up in a suburb of white, middle-class families. My schooling, from elementary school through college, was with people who were also overwhelmingly white and middle class. Like so many others, I was reared to think that “all men are created equal” and that people should be judged by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin. Since my ears could hear, I was taught blind faith in color blindness and the virtues of diversity.

My mother is in the medical field and my father worked for the New York City Transit Authority. Both are lifelong Democrats, working people who never had much time to study culture or politics. The only instruction they ever gave me in politics was that the Democratic Party was for the working people and the Republicans were for the rich. My mother taught me never to be judgmental, and to love everyone the same, especially those less fortunate than I. She told me discrimination was wrong and that all people should be treated equally.

I have a bachelor’s degree in sociology. Looking back, all my professors were white and very liberal. College was the first place I ever heard race discussed seriously, and the message was constant: diversity was vitally important and whites were guilty. My fellow students had been brought up just as I had been, so my professors had very fresh meat to feast on. I graduated from college the perfect racial liberal.

Like so many white, middle-class girls from the New York City suburbs, I therefore decided to serve the downtrodden. I knew I could never live well on my salary, but the satisfaction and moral superiority I would enjoy over friends in business would be worth the sacrifice. I would venture into the ghettos, much like an urban Jane Goodall, and protect noble souls from the evils of white privilege and arrogance. I genuinely believed I would be making amends for the terrible acts of my ancestors.

The first job I took as an adult was in the daycare center of a domestic violence shelter on Staten Island, New York. It was part of a network of organizations run by a large charity called Safe Horizon.

This was my first real encounter with blacks and Hispanics. My supervisors were black and Hispanic, the clients were black and Hispanic (I never saw a white woman come in), and I was one of the only white faces in the neighborhood. I felt as though I had to prove to these women and teach their children that white people were not their enemy. I thought that if I could make them see me as a good person and not as a “white person” I could help make the world a better place. I was convinced I had nothing to fear, and that my generosity would certainly be noticed and appreciated.

The women who came in did not have to prove abuse; they just had to show a police report. Later, in conversations with the mothers, I learned that much of the abuse was phony. All they had to do was walk into a precinct and say they had been assaulted. Before I took the job, I could not have imagined that anyone would lie about being abused.

The women could stay rent-free for three months, and then their cases were reevaluated for extension. All they had to do then was seem scared or present some marginally coherent story to get extensions. In some cases, women finagled the system and managed to stay in the shelter for nearly two years. Most got apartments to themselves, though some had private bedrooms but shared a kitchen and living room.

At the daycare center, my job was to take care of the children while the mothers were getting their lives back together. I also helped children get into schools in the neighborhood, as they now lived in a completely new area, and were not supposed to tell anyone where they were for fear the abuser would track them down.

I devoted myself to the children, some of whom, like their mothers, had suffered serious violence. I assumed that these women, who didn’t work, didn’t go to school, and didn’t seem to do much but have lots of children, would be experts in child rearing. Hispanics, especially, who all seem to have large broods and for whom procreation seems to be the center of their lives, would teach Americans new techniques in child care that would be a great lesson for our society.

I was horrified to find that black and Hispanic mothers alike routinely left their children in unchanged diapers until they were covered with feces. They would take children — often younger than 10 — to R-rated, midnight horror movies. They would let children play on busy streets without the slightest concern for their safety. They littered their quarters with pizza boxes, soda cans, filthy clothes, and upturned furniture.

I was shocked but not discouraged. I began spending extra hours after my shift ended, taking care of the children as if they were my own. I would wash their diarrhea-sodden bodies and clean their filthy apartments. I would rock crying, fever-stricken children to sleep while the mothers were out buying malt liquor and cigarettes with their WIC money (Women, Infants, and Children — a food-payments program for poor women with children up to age five), getting ready for a date with whatever ghetto gigolo they were courting that week. I would throw birthday parties for the children and attend school functions because their mothers could not be bothered. This devotion earned me no respect or appreciation. The mothers called me “cracka ass” and “white bitch” while I labored on their behalf.

I did notice racial differences. On the whole, the Hispanics were cleaner and quieter than the blacks. Their standards were below those of the average white, but higher than the average black. Many despised the blacks with whom they were forced into contact. Hispanic mothers were there mostly for free services, and were always looking for the next entitlement. They were intensely proud of their ethnicity, and would explode into anti-white, anti-American anger if they felt slighted in any way — this included being denied a service or being asked to pay for something they thought should be free. They were often inarticulate to the point of being unintelligible, but it was clear that they thought America owed them anything they needed.

Even the more reasonable, friendly clients and staff constantly explained their failures by saying, “The white man keeps me down.” I learned that many blacks and Hispanics sincerely believe this cliché, no matter what their salary or station in life.

I never complained, and did everything with zeal and professionalism. I was nevertheless passed over for promotions and received scant appreciation from clients or staff. In that community, socializing seemed to be the key to popularity and promotions, and hard work seemed to be greeted with disdain. If I designed a new program for the staff, they resented it because it meant they would have to work, which was something they did only when forced.

I got complaints from clients. Some said I was arrogant and behaved as if I thought I was superior to them: “She thinks she betta than us cause she be in college!” The director — a black woman — told me I shouldn’t flaunt my privileged background. Wearing a T-shirt with my college name on it, for example, was considered offensive.

I also got in trouble for expecting people to follow the rules for using the daycare center. All children were welcome from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. for help with homework (management had the good sense to realize that our clients could not or would not do that). Otherwise, they were supposed to look after their own children unless they gave us advance notice and showed proof of an appointment or some other obligation. In fact, the mothers were always trying to “dump” children into daycare so that they could go out with boyfriends. This was a common fraud, but I tried to stick to the guidelines.

Once, after I denied a woman’s last-minute request to take her children, she complained to the director. I was called into the director’s office, where the woman said, “You do not want to take care of my children because you think you are better than us.” Of course, the director took her side, scolded me in front of her, and countermanded my decision. The mother’s fraud worked, and I had to watch her children that day.

I thought our program should teach the women to be better mothers to their children, and not to put them into daycare at every opportunity. After the director disciplined me for following the guidelines and trying to prevent fraud, she accused me of racism and told me, “We are here for the mothers, not the children.”

I went home crying that day, shocked for two reasons. I could not understand how anyone could possibly think I was racist, and I believed that whatever the shelter was for, the needs of the children came first. After almost two years at the shelter, I decided to find a different job, and switched to an administrative office in Manhattan.

Later I got a job at a different charity run by Safe Horizon called “The Streetwork Project.” This was a “drop-in” center in Harlem for “street involved youth” up to age 24. The majority of the clients were local teenagers, most of whom did not work, and who had drug habits that kept them in a state of desperation. They tended to be gang members, prostitutes, and runaways. Streetwork offers shelter, counseling, food, showers, a music room, computer labs, basic medical attention, and even acupuncture and meditation. It also served as an unofficial safe haven for illegal aliens and other criminals hiding from the police.

Safe Horizon and all of its programs are funded by city, state, federal, and private funds. One of my jobs at Streetwork was Coordinator of Data Quality and Reporting, which entailed keeping statistics. Almost every month my supervisor changed my report, increasing the number of clients served, so we would get more funds from backers.

When I interviewed at Streetwork, the supervisor’s very appearance should have been a warning, but years of indoctrination had conditioned me to squelch sensible worries. The man was large, black, dreadlocked, and obviously homosexual. A huge wooden penis sculpture was prominently displayed on his desk. He ended the interview by telling me, “Especially because you are a pretty white girl, you are not going to fit in here at Streetwork until you sleep with somebody here.” I laughed because I thought it was some sort of joke.

The Streetwork motto is “We are a non-judgmental environment.” Yet, every Wednesday all 75 staff members were required to meet in a circle and air their grievances. For eight to ten hours every Wednesday, these mandatory sessions would interrupt our mission to serve children in trouble and force us to play out our personal lives to a crowd of co-workers. More times than not, a black staffer — they were the vast majority — would vent his anger against a white staff member for no apparent reason. It seemed that it was an offense if white people were not sufficiently subservient or reverential to blacks.

The unintentionally offending white person would be made to grovel at the feet — yes, I have seen whites go on their knees before blacks — and apologize for slavery, white privilege, blacks in prison, the poor state of black neighborhoods, AIDS, drugs in their community, etc. Often the white worker was reduced to tears in a desperate attempt to appease the mass of angry black and brown faces. Finally, when the white employee was humiliated enough, and the cathartic cleansing had been achieved, a tentative truce would be called. The angry black employee would be praised and his anger encouraged, while the traumatized, cowering white worker would be put on probation and, through an act of supreme magnanimity, allowed to keep his job. These sessions were supposed to be run by social workers, but often just ran themselves while the social workers watched.

I was required to attend these sessions, and sometimes the spotlight was turned on me. I was never fully and publicly brutalized, but the anti-white sentiment was clearly directed at me as well.

Racial politics were very strict. We were forbidden to observe Columbus Day because Columbus was a “genocidal racist.” Instead, I had to observe Martin Luther King Day and black history month. In fact, I was required to do unpaid, after-hours work on King day.

I saw the only white, heterosexual male employee fired for saying “black people are born to dance,” in a moment of self-deprecation at a bar after work with co-workers. Apparently, a white man didn’t have the right to say anything about race, even if it was flattering. This white man was framed for a robbery and fired. Everyone on the staff knew he was innocent of the robbery, but he was white and proved himself to be a racist by that remark, and to them, that was reason enough to fire him.

Much more HERE  or here

After all that darkness above, let us spend a few minutes looking below at something white people like -- a celebration of the "Salzkammergut" (Austria's Lake district) from the operetta The Whitehorse Inn (Im Weissen Rössl).  The songs are in German but the joy is international. Wait for the final chorale



For those who are interested, there is some background here

And for those who enjoyed the above performance, try this:



("Adieu, mein kleiner Gardeoffizier" recorded at the Schönbrunn palace in Vienna, the home of music)




Nauseating! An odious press conference, apologists for terror and the do-gooders who fund them

Held at an 'art gallery' near London's Euston station, it was one of the most extraordinary and nauseating press conferences of recent times.

It had been convened at 3pm on Thursday by the 'human rights' organisation Cage following the identification of masked killer Jihadi John as the Kuwaiti-born Londoner Mohammed Emwazi.

For three years, the campaign group had been in close contact with and offered support to Emwazi before he left Britain to fight in Syria in 2012.

But rather than express an apology – or even a smidgen of regret – for having failed to turn him away from the path to barbarism, what we witnessed was almost an hour of excuses, accusation and invective against Britain, British society and the British state.

Broadcast live for 52 minutes on the BBC and 58 on Sky News, the men from Cage described Jihadi John as an 'extremely kind' and 'beautiful young man'.

The lachrymose assessment of his character was made by the organisation's 'research director' Asim Qureshi, who spoke uninterrupted for 18 minutes about the iniquities of British policy on the 'war on terror' and the unfair 'harassment' that men such as Jihadi John experience.

The heavily-bearded Qureshi is a very middle-class radical, who lives with his partner in a £500,000 house in suburban Surrey.

In 2006, Qureshi was filmed outside the US embassy in London addressing a rally organised by the extremist group Hizb ut-Tahrir.

He said: 'When we see the example of our brothers and sisters fighting in Chechnya, Iraq, Palestine, Kashmir, Afghanistan, then we know where the example lies.

'We know that it is incumbent upon all of us, to support the jihad of our brothers and sisters in these countries when they are facing the oppression of the West. Allahu akbar! Allahu akbar!'

In a subsequent interview with the pro-Putin broadcaster Russia Today, Qureshi supported the imposition of Sharia law, including the stoning to death of adulterers and other brutal capital punishments.

This week, his opening harangue at the press conference was followed by Cage's 'media officer' Cerie Bullivant, a British convert to Islam.

He railed for another eight minutes about the treatment he had received at the hands of the security services 'in very similar circumstances' to those of Emwazi.

Bullivant, a 32-year-old former mental health nurse once married to a Kuwaiti-born woman, went on the run for two months in 2006 after being placed under a control order when it was suspected he was planning to go to Iraq to fight for insurgents.

He was later cleared of breaching the condition by a jury which accepted he had a 'reasonable excuse' for flouting the order because it was making his life miserable.

The civil rights organisation Liberty was sufficiently 'impressed' by his subsequent campaigning to award him a 'human rights young person of the year' award in 2011.

The third member and 'moderator' of the press conference panel was John Rees, a former leading activist of the Socialist Workers' Party.  His position is a good example of how the hard-Left has aligned itself with radical Islam.

Rees is national officer of the Stop the War Coalition and presenter on the Islam Channel, through which he fostered close links with Cage.

The group first appeared in 2003, when it was known as CagePrisoners. It was founded to oppose official Western policy on the 'war on terror' and to stand up for Muslims who were arrested, captured or killed in security operations.

Critics say it was – as we witnessed on Thursday – a sophisticated organisation that knows how to exploit a democratic system which enshrines free speech and human rights in order to support terrorists.

This is not a view, though, taken by two of Britain's largest left-of-centre charitable foundations, which saw CagePrisoners as a human rights cause worth supporting and donating hundreds of thousands of pounds to.

Some £120,000 was given by the Anita Roddick Foundation, which is run by the late Body Shop owner's husband and their children.

Funds from her estimated £100million estate have been given to a range of bodies that 'want to change the world'. This definition would seem to include an organisation that wants Britain to become a medieval caliphate.

A further £305,000 was given to CagePrisoners/Cage over a period of six years by the Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust, a Quaker-run fund set up by the York-based chocolate maker and philanthropist.

Quite why the trustees support such a body is a question for their consciences. Probably, it is also a question for the Charity Commission to look into.

Sources at the Commission believe officials at the Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust may have been 'duped' when they agreed to make donations to Cage. One said: 'They were conned after it re-branded itself as a human rights group.'

He said Cage (and its previous entity CagePrisoners) had been well-known to the security services for some years because of its support for terrorists.

Cage has also worked closely with two other UK-based organisations that have reported ties to Islamic extremists – the Cordoba Foundation and the Emirates Centre for Human Rights (ECHR).

Cage came to wider attention in 2006 when Birmingham-born Moazzam Begg joined it as 'outreach director'. He had been arrested in Pakistan in 2002 and spent three years at Guantanamo Bay where he claimed to have been interrogated 300 times.  He admitted having visited terror training camps in Afghanistan but was awarded £1million compensation by the British Government.

After his release without charge, he has since become a columnist for the Guardian.

Through Begg, Cage developed links with the radical preacher and Al Qaeda cheerleader Anwar al-Awlaki and campaigned for his release from detention in Yemen.

He was later killed in an American drone strike. In 2010, Begg also spoke of his desire for a Caliphate-style regime in Britain.

As for Cage, it is a mystery why it has escaped scrutiny for so long. Significantly in 2010, a director of the campaign group Amnesty International was suspended by the organisation for talking out of turn.

Gita Sahgal had criticised its close ties with Cage – which she described as 'jihadis' – and with Begg, who she called 'Britain's most famous supporter of the Taliban'.

Last year Begg was arrested over alleged links to terrorism training and funding in Syria, to which he had previously travelled.  As a result, Cage's bank accounts were frozen after intervention from the Treasury.

Although the charges against Begg were later dropped, it seems from the organisation's website that its accounts are still frozen.

One article posted on its website last year was headed 'British fighters in Syria should not concern us', which undoubtedly could be seen as encouraging or justifying terrorism.

Indeed, the 'human rights' outfit described the first British suicide bomber in Syria, Abdul Waheed Majid, from Crawley, as 'giving his life for a just cause, and it would be shameful of us were we to tarnish him and other Syrian fighters as terrorists for doing that'.

As an eminent former counter terrorism officer says: 'The outlook is very, very gloomy – far worse than it was after 9/11. And it is not helped by organisations such as Cage being basically apologists for slaughter.'

SOURCE

*************************

Political correctness is most pervasive in universities and colleges but I rarely report the  incidents concerned here as I have a separate blog for educational matters.

American "liberals" often deny being Leftists and say that they are very different from the Communist rulers of  other countries.  The only real difference, however, is how much power they have.  In America, their power is limited by democracy.  To see what they WOULD be like with more power, look at where they ARE already  very powerful: in America's educational system -- particularly in the universities and colleges.  They show there the same respect for free-speech and political diversity that Stalin did:  None.  So look to the colleges to see  what the whole country would be like if "liberals" had their way.  It would be a dictatorship.

For more postings from me, see TONGUE-TIED, GREENIE WATCH,   EDUCATION WATCH INTERNATIONAL, FOOD & HEALTH SKEPTIC, AUSTRALIAN POLITICS and  DISSECTING LEFTISM.   My Home Pages are here or   here or   here.  Email me (John Ray) here

***************************




No comments: